Sunday, November 7, 2010

More Artwork




For the last few days I've taken a step back from design and have been focusing on art as my main role within the group. Its been a change of pace for me but I've really enjoyed it so far, Illustrator is a program I've always liked but for these characters it's been great. Overall I'm happy with the art style, given that we only decided to change it on Thursday I think we've come a long way.

The game design has changed somewhat due to the new style but we play tested it on Friday and found we were having much more interactions early on and a lot more fun because of it. The game is a bit more lighthearted and fast paced now. One concern is the bits for the game, I think we'll probably end up doing cardboard cut outs of the characters above as our pieces, in a commercial game I imagine the pieces would be plastic units but for now I think cut outs will at least be fitting for the style of game that it is.

We still have a lot of work to do on the art side with cards needing to be designed front and back, the box design, the board itself and if we have the time an illustrated cover for the rulebook. So at this stage I should probably get back to doing some of those things so that our play testers have a great looking game to play on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment